Administrator

• Administrators
  • 353 posts
  • LocationTurin, Italy
Welcome to the EternityProject!

What do we have here?
CM10.1-EPRJ --- Or... EternityProject's CyanogenMod 10.1 for HUAWEI Honor 2!;

What's the point in using CM10.2-EPRJ?
It contains various optimizations made at compile time. Moreover, it isn't being compiled with the default Android toolchain, but with a custom one that better handles and optimizes the code.

Recommendations:
Patience is virtue.

Features:
- All the standard CM10.1 Features are enabled
- New, custom toolchain for improved code optimization and better performance
- More to come

Known bugs (will be solved, you know):
- If you can't see any Camera app, download one from Google Play, please.

ROM Changelog:

20131006:
- EternityProjectOS Code Optimizations implemented
- Built with GCC 4.7.x
- Smoother and faster
20131004:
- WebKit bug solved (GMail/Browser now working perfectly)
- Somehow generally smoother because of the now working WebKit
20130929:
- Repos synced
- Baseband starting automatically at boot
- Signal detection fixed.
- Featuring EternityProject RILJ
- Less proprietary: -3 blobs
20130920v2:
- Camera is now working
20130920:
- GPS is now working
- LCD/Buttons brightness setting is now working
- Automatic LCD brightness with light sensor
- External SDCard and USB pendrives mounting is working
- Status LEDs are working with EPRJLights driver
20130916:
- First ALPHA release

Note: If you want to see the stock CM changelog, it's located at http://review.cyanogenmod.com/

How-To:
0. BE SURE YOU'RE ON THE HUAWEI -- B703 (or newer 4.1.2) -- BASE PRIOR INSTALLING THIS ROM.
1. Copy the CM10.1-EPRJ and GApps packages on your internal memory
2. If you aren't coming from a previous version of CM10.2-EPRJ, wipe data and cache
3. Flash CM10.1-EPRJ, then flash GApps
4. Reboot
5. Enjoy!

Notes:
1. If you're looking for the Developer Settings menu, tap on "build number" N times (CM will say you when it's done)

So, what to download?
EternityProject's CyanogenMod10.1 for HUAWEI Honor 2 U9508/G615, 20131006: EternityProject Website
GApps package for CM10.1: HERE
--- Please, don't hotlink or reupload our files elsewhere. You can link this thread if you want... ---

Oldies:
EternityProject's CyanogenMod10.1 for HUAWEI Honor 2 U9508/G615, 20131004: EternityProject Website
EternityProject's CyanogenMod10.1 for HUAWEI Honor 2 U9508/G615, 20130929 BETA: EternityProject Website
EternityProject's CyanogenMod10.1 for HUAWEI Honor 2 U9508/G615, 20130920v2 PRE-BETA: EternityProject Website
EternityProject's CyanogenMod10.1 for HUAWEI Honor 2 U9508/G615, 20130920 ALPHA: EternityProject Website
EternityProject's CyanogenMod10.1 for HUAWEI Honor 2 U9508/G615, 20130916 ALPHA: EternityProject Website

Hey, and what about the source?
Search on my GIT: HERE

Enjoy your "new" device!

The EternityProject Team Manager & Main Developer,
--kholk

B29Korn

B29Korn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
So first of all... GREAT WORK! Thank you so much for your effort!
But I also would like to use this post to report the bugs I encountered, so you can fix them soon. Lets get started :)

1.) Sometimes the launcher starts to stutter randomly, so a restart is necessary
2.) Voice Input does not work
3.) Superuser always blocks permission, even tough I changed the settings so it should accept everything
4.) Flashlight-App does start, but as soon as I try to start the Light it crashes
5.) Apollo-App sometimes crashes, but thats not that critical
6.) Stock-Browser and some other Browser are crashing as soon as a website is loading.
7.) Contacts from my SD-Card are not accessable/shown in any Contacts-App

Everything else seems to be realy fine for now, very impressive work!!

Thank you over and over again for your effort!
Korn

kholk

kholk

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 353 posts
  • LocationTurin, Italy
Hmm...
About superuser, you may install SuperSU and disable the CM superuser in SuperSU settings in the meanwhile. I did that and it works just fine.

I know about the Torch app and, well, I've discovered that today (didn't really test it prior distributing the ROM)... It's easy to solve that problem anyway, it's just about a permission denied error. It may be solved by running the app as root or by setting the correct permissions to the sysfs file that the app is using.
Fact is, we may set the permissions, but that requires an ugly hack (some wrapper to execute a script).... btw, I'll see how to solve the situation asap. It's not critical, so it will take quite some time (it's obviously at the bottom of the TODO list :P).

About the browser, I know. But that will require some other time too, because I need to add some code to surfaceflinger. In less words, I need more components built from source, as for now we're using HUAWEI's HW2D binaries.

So, last thing. Contacts.
Did you know that CM doesn't support anything like that?
Unfortunately, it's not even planned to support contacts on SD... so you forcefully require an external app. Perhaps, can you find anything that suits your needs on Play Store?

Btw, thanks for the report!

Castore

Castore

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi kholk,regarding signal bar issue... someone solve it with this
- "Enable alt OEM telephony code": This turns on / off the new google code (probably in 4.2) which is used for LTE+CDMA+GSM
- "Enable alternate getIMSI code": This is for LTE phones which have issues using the stock getIMSI function (it has nulls in it)
- "Enable World Phone settings" : Turns on global preferences ------> "Enable GSM Signal Strength Fix": For GSM and getting odd signal indicators try this. Also if you're on CDMA and getting odd signal indicators, try turning this on and then off again.

but i can't find this option in system/settings

Others fixed it with a "patch" in build.prop like thishttp://www.internaut...otorola-droid-4

kholk

kholk

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 353 posts
  • LocationTurin, Italy
Thanks for pointing that out, but unfortunately, those are device-specific settings and patches that will only break everything on our side.

The RIL situation can be solved only by coding. I didn't even look at it seriously until now (since it is barely working in an usable state) because there were lots of totally missing features to enable on the system, like lights, cameras, sensors, GPS etc.

Now it's time to give it some love.

Castore

Castore

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Thanks for pointing that out, but unfortunately, those are device-specific settings and patches that will only break everything on our side.

The RIL situation can be solved only by coding. I didn't even look at it seriously until now (since it is barely working in an usable state) because there were lots of totally missing features to enable on the system, like lights, cameras, sensors, GPS etc.

Now it's time to give it some love.

we are in your hands! ;) I am your beta tester XD... i don't need a very stable phone now, so i'll test everything!

B29Korn

B29Korn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Hmm...
About superuser, you may install SuperSU and disable the CM superuser in SuperSU settings in the meanwhile. I did that and it works just fine.

TY! Gonna test that asap :)

I know about the Torch app and, well, I've discovered that today (didn't really test it prior distributing the ROM)... It's easy to solve that problem anyway, it's just about a permission denied error. It may be solved by running the app as root or by setting the correct permissions to the sysfs file that the app is using.
Fact is, we may set the permissions, but that requires an ugly hack (some wrapper to execute a script).... btw, I'll see how to solve the situation asap. It's not critical, so it will take quite some time (it's obviously at the bottom of the TODO list :P).

Torch is prop. the last thing I need fixed :) Just wanted to mention it :D

About the browser, I know. But that will require some other time too, because I need to add some code to surfaceflinger. In less words, I need more components built from source, as for now we're using HUAWEI's HW2D binaries.

Would be great to have it working but luckywise Chrome and Firefox are working, so I guess you can also take your time there :)

So, last thing. Contacts.
Did you know that CM doesn't support anything like that?
Unfortunately, it's not even planned to support contacts on SD... so you forcefully require an external app. Perhaps, can you find anything that suits your needs on Play Store?

Mehww, I failed there, I wanted to say SIM-Card not SD-Card but my brain was at PowerSaving-Mode right there ^.^
I also tryed some Apps but they tell me that the SIM ist not in an "ready state" o.o

Castore

Castore

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Mehww, I failed there, I wanted to say SIM-Card not SD-Card but my brain was at PowerSaving-Mode right there ^.^
I also tryed some Apps but they tell me that the SIM ist not in an "ready state" o.o

probably it will be solved when baseband issue disappears ;)

B29Korn

B29Korn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Yeah I hope so, on every other ROM it works fine :S
Had to change ROM cause of it, since I really need it :(

But still, I'm very impressed by this ROM and im surely gonna use it in the future :)
I love Cyanogenmod, EmotionUI was like Cancer on my phone, but this is the cure :P

kholk

kholk

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 353 posts
  • LocationTurin, Italy
Yeah then it's all related to that baseband problem we have... as soon as I solve it, that problem will disappear too.

I've had to clean and mantain my HDDs... in less words I've had to resize my RAID0 array (so, copy 7TB of data on another PC, format, resize, recopy the data and make the OS to boot again), so I've lost two days making this mess to my PC and I haven't had any time to play with CM.
I had to do this because I was running low on space and I couldn't manage to have multiple devices systems here, so it was hell needed.

Btw, working on the baseband right now.

erbode

erbode

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello kholk, thanks for your valuable work. I wanted to point out a few bugs found in the rom: I have some crashes and reboots with some applications. Gmail crashes when I try to open an e-mail: glitch appears and the application returns to the summary screen of the email inbox. Feedly does not start, it crashes without even load the main interface. Flipboard crashes when you try to open an article: glitchs appear and the application returns to the previous screen. More or less the same thing happens with other feed readers and applications related to news (such as Pulse). My idea is that happens with the applications which have an integrated browser, so the problem should be the same that affect the stock browser. I do not know if these bugs are already in your TODO list, but it seemed right to point them out. Thank you for everything, it's really exciting to have CM on my phone after months of huawei software!

wilk

wilk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
First at all,my english is so poor,and i'm really sorry for that...
OK,Here is the new version B704 of U9508 with EMUI,do you know that?

http://zh.ui.vmall.c...d.php?type=荣耀四核

Thanks for your great job...
I wait your new rom everytime,everyday,everywhere...

peeter123

peeter123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Found a bug regarding root. Cyanogenmod does not allow root if ro.debuggable is set to 0 in default.prop. This is the case for the kernel in B703 and B704. This behaviour is defined in su.c which checks for ro.debuggable and denies root if it is 0. I will try to use another su binary, you can probably work around that for a next build by commenting the code that checks for ro.debuggable in default.prop since we cannot change the kernel.

Emule1

Emule1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hello kholk, thanks for your hard work for this telephone :) 
Can you (if you can)  trans
late the cinese recovery in english? Because I can't install your rom with this recovery :(

jaimeleo8821

jaimeleo8821

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Hi, just search in google the traduction of the recovery

late the cinese recovery in english? Because I can't install your rom with this recovery :(

jaimeleo8821

jaimeleo8821

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Hi, i am having problems with the mail apps, they just crash when i open it. Anyone are having the same problem?

Update

With mail.com the problem is gone

Naturalz

Naturalz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Maybe I can translate it for you now, when you enter the recovery:

立即重启系统 reboot system now
选择刷机包刷机 choose a rom to flash
连接电脑端刷机 connect to the computer and flash
清空所有数据 wipe all data
清空缓存数据 wipe cache data
备份还原 backup and restore
U盘/格式化 u disk/format
高级功能 advanced functions
关闭手机 shutdown the phone

And if you choose the second menu "choose a rom to flash", here's what you will see:

从SD卡选择ZIP刷机包 choose a zip file from sdcard (Install Zip from SD Card)
安装/sdcard/update.zip install /sdcard/update.zip
启用/禁用 签名验证 enable/disable signature verification
从外置卡选择ZIP刷机包 choose a zip file from external sdcard (Install Zip from External SD Card)
返回上一级 back to the top

So you should know how to install the rom.
If you can't understand , I am sorry for my poor English...

Emule1

Emule1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Thanks so much :) If I want make a backup?

ljl

ljl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationHangZhou
What a great men ,we Chinese are supporting you and waiting your success.
Huawei is just like our government, only said ,but never do it,but you did do what we want.
CM is the only thing we want ,but not the emotion Ui!
Tx very much.
(Oh ,my poor English has trouble me for a long time,I hope there are only some small mistakes.)

Naturalz

Naturalz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Thanks so much :) If I want make a backup?

I don't think it's a good idea..it takes a lot of space and time to backup..
I haven't used that function before ,but I can translate it too:

备份 backup
还原 restore
删除备份 delete backup
高级还原 advanced restore
释放未用备份 release unused backup
选择备份格式 selete backup data format
备份到外置卡    backup to external sdcard
从外置卡还原    restore from external sdcard
外置卡高级还原  adnvanced restore from external sdcard
删除外置卡备份  delete backup from external sdcard
返回上一级  back

It seems to backup boot,recovery,system,cache,etc.I prefer to use Titanium Backup to backup my apps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users