• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

A.J

A.J

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,
I want to upgrade my xt910 from 2.3.6 to ICS, I found videos on youtube, threads here and on other websites too, but I know this is kinda sensitive thing to do so I need your help confirming the steps for me.

first of all this is my device information:

System Version: 65.1.40.XT910.MERetail.en.06
Model Number: XT910
Android Version: 2.3.6
Baseband Version: U_03.1C.91P
Webtop Version: WT-2.0.0-139
Kernel Version: 2.6.35.7-g8abf869 / a24124@zin22Inxdroid14 #1
AP Flex Version: GAS_ASIA_USASPDRRTUAE_P011 / GAS_ASIA_USASPDRRTUAE_A012
Build Number: 6.5.1-167-SPD-IRD-40
Build Date: Mon Feb 6 21:28:36 IST 2012

I already rooted the device successfully when I bought it.

So here is the steps as I read and saw:

1- Change the system version to 651.73.30.Retail.en.EU ... same as in this video (How to Unbrick/upgrade/downgrade Motorola Razr XT910 )
2- Update motorola razr xt910 to ics(android 4.0.3) on this link ( )
3- Then update to ICS 4.0.4 on this link ( youtube.com/watch?v=-TCgj5gbmf0 ) using this ROM [ROM, GSM XT910][EuropeAustraliaEMEA] Final EU ICS Fastboot Official fastboot package for Motorola RAZR

Am I doing the right steps?
Which ICS ROM is the best?
I would like to ask, as I read if I update to 4.0.4 there is no way I can go back to GingerBread, but what if I updated to 4.0.3, may I go back to Gingerbread if I didn't like it?
What is the negative points about ICS on droid razr? what stuff not working or something? Should I wait the official ROM?
Is there any custom GingerBread ROM(s)?

Thank you so much for you help.

kholk

kholk

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 351 posts
  • LocationTurin, Italy
Those steps are valid for you.
About custom GB ROMs, yeah, there are.... and remember that there's no way for getting back to a GB ROM after flashing ICS!

The current ICS ROMs are absolutely perfect.

zokarossa

zokarossa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
i did the same like you and, i had the same ME RETAIL AND , i running now the 4.0.4 ics ,, its good but

the battery not so good like GB i think ,, the all razrs note that even the official they complain too

little pet slower than gb

i updated about 4 days ago

el_legui

el_legui

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello,
I want to upgrade my xt910 from 2.3.6 to ICS, I found videos on youtube, threads here and on other websites too, but I know this is kinda sensitive thing to do so I need your help confirming the steps for me.

first of all this is my device information:

System Version: 65.1.40.XT910.MERetail.en.06
Model Number: XT910
Android Version: 2.3.6
Baseband Version: U_03.1C.91P
Webtop Version: WT-2.0.0-139
Kernel Version: 2.6.35.7-g8abf869 / a24124@zin22Inxdroid14 #1
AP Flex Version: GAS_ASIA_USASPDRRTUAE_P011 / GAS_ASIA_USASPDRRTUAE_A012
Build Number: 6.5.1-167-SPD-IRD-40
Build Date: Mon Feb 6 21:28:36 IST 2012

I already rooted the device successfully when I bought it.

So here is the steps as I read and saw:

1- Change the system version to 651.73.30.Retail.en.EU ... same as in this video (How to Unbrick/upgrade/downgrade Motorola Razr XT910 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_1-HxdzEo0&feature=plcp )
2- Update motorola razr xt910 to ics(android 4.0.3) on this link ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuRSKeMFPGc )
3- Then update to ICS 4.0.4 on this link ( youtube.com/watch?v=-TCgj5gbmf0 ) using this ROM [ROM, GSM XT910][EuropeAustraliaEMEA] Final EU ICS Fastboot Official fastboot package for Motorola RAZR

Am I doing the right steps?
Which ICS ROM is the best?
I would like to ask, as I read if I update to 4.0.4 there is no way I can go back to GingerBread, but what if I updated to 4.0.3, may I go back to Gingerbread if I didn't like it?
What is the negative points about ICS on droid razr? what stuff not working or something? Should I wait the official ROM?
Is there any custom GingerBread ROM(s)?

Thank you so much for you help.

I am in the same situation that you were!! Did you do it successfully with this steps? Thank you!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: xt910, MERetail

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users