• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

kholk

kholk

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 351 posts
  • LocationTurin, Italy
That's a dangerous thing that I will never tell you to do.

Anyway, play safe with voltage and amperage. Use 3.7 - 4.1V DC 750mA - 1A.

About how to fix the cables there....you could use the screws that were talking the battery in place.

nitrojuga

nitrojuga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks. I was planning on doing that with the screws. Had to order me some torx screwdrivers because the smallest one I have is a T6. Will post back with results whenever they arrive. I was a bit weary about trying it with the USB power since it is .8v higher than a normal lithium battery at full charge, but it's really the closest thing I have.

kholk

kholk

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 351 posts
  • LocationTurin, Italy
Eh, don't do that with USB. 5V may fry your device.

You may wire a resistor, anyway.

nitrojuga

nitrojuga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Awesome. I totally didn't think of that. Thanks a lot, you've been a great help in all of this.

gius3ppe

gius3ppe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Another confirmation. I used RSD Lite 5.6.4, Droid 4 Utility 0.2 to boot in AP Recovery and the 219 update file from above. It made me a little nervous as it took longer than flashing used to on my Droid 2 Global but everything worked like a champ.

I used these fastboot files because I was having a big problem trying to update my phone with a OTA update from 215 to 219. I tried not changing anything (no), unrooting (no), wiping my unrooted phone, even wiping my storage (no), re-rooting and swapping out build.prop in /system/ and setting permissions to rw-r--r-- (no).

This worked like a charm though!! Thanks! I finally feel comfortable trying out some ICS roms!!

kholk

kholk

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 351 posts
  • LocationTurin, Italy
Happy for you!

Thanks for coming here ;)

hoezayy

hoezayy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I need this to be dumb down for me. :???:

ghatala

ghatala

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I am also getting an error on my droid 4 at step 17/18. Still bricked. I was trying the 219 build. Downloading the 215 now.

UPDATE: installed 215 and now I have a phone.

We will what happens when I try to do the OTA to ICS.

Thank you for a great solution to unbricking.

tylerc

tylerc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Did something happen to the fastboot links? i cant get a download to start on any of them.

Never mind, just very slow download, maybe because im currently in Russia..

Edited by tylerc, 19 September 2012 - 07:19 AM.

FullTimeGod

FullTimeGod

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Will these work for Android version 4.0.1? I bought my Droid 4 two days ago, and it came with the newest software update for ICS.

wompshmack

wompshmack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Will these work for Android version 4.0.1? I bought my Droid 4 two days ago, and it came with the newest software update for ICS.

No, these will not work for ICS. I had the same problem with ICS and there is a seperate stock rom for that. Other than using the different file all the instructions remain the same.

http://sbf.droid-dev...serati/list.php

It should be the bottom one on that list. Hopefully someone can update the OP with that, as it would have saved me a bit of work on my project.
Hope that helps!

Oh, btw, I can't *confirm* that the GB roms won't work on ICS. But they didn't work for me, so that's all I can say.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users